Spring 2018 Auction
Online bidding starts Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 10:00am Pacific Time
Online bidding ends Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 10:00pm Pacific Time
View the auction catalog in your browser - not available yet.
Download the auction catalog in PDF format - not available yet.
Register to bid by logging in and clicking the Register button above. To view the lots online, click the View Lots button above. Once the Live auction starts, a Bid Live button will be above.
NOTE: No items are listed on the website yet - the auction items will show up on this website on the start date/time above.
Bidder and ScreenUsed agree that any agreements between the Bidder and ScreenUsed including but not limited to these Conditions of Sale are entered into in Los Angeles County, California, which is where the agreements are to be performed and the auction to take place, no matter where Bidder is situated and no matter by what means or where Bidder was informed of the auction and regardless of whether catalogs, materials, or other communications were received by Bidder in another location. Both ScreenUsed and the Bidder agree that any disputes under these Conditions of Sale, the subject matter hereof, the entering into, or any aspect of the auction, shall be exclusively governed by California law, and that any and all claims or actions shall be brought and maintained only in Los Angeles County, California in a State or Federal Court to the exclusion of any other venue, locale or jurisdiction. All parties submit to such jurisdiction.
- Opening Bid Prices: Our ScreenUsed auctions do not use estimate pricing, only a starting minimum bid price. Opening bids do not include the buyer’s premium, shipping, or sales tax.
- Reserves: Our ScreenUsed auctions do not use reserves, so the opening price is where bidding starts, and the highest bidder will win the item.
- Buyer’s Premium and Sales Tax: The actual purchase price will be the sum of the final bid price plus the buyer’s premium of 20% of the hammer price. California sales tax shall automatically be added to the purchase price for CA residents, unless exempted.
- Before the Auction: Bidders are encouraged to send inquiries pertaining to the auction as a whole and/or individual lots. You may also request condition reports. ScreenUsed strongly urges the bidder to resolve any questions PRIOR TO BIDDING.
- Bids Are Binding: Before placing a bid ensure that you have read the item description, viewed all pictures of the item, and asked any questions ahead of bidding. Every bid is binding and should only be placed if you plan to purchase the item. ScreenUsed will not remove any bids, thus if you are the winning bidder at the end of the auction you must pay for the item.
- Bidding: Property is auctioned in consecutive numerical order, as it appears in the catalog. ScreenUsed shall determine all opening bids and bidding increments. The auctioneer will accept bids from those present in the salesroom or absentee bidders participating by telephone, Internet or by written bid left with ScreenUsed in advance of the auction. The auctioneer has the right in its absolute discretion to reject any bid in the event of dispute between bidders or if the auctioneer has doubt as to the validity of any bid, to advance the bidding at its absolute discretion and to determine the successful bidder in the event of a dispute between bidders, to continue the bidding or to reoffer and resell the lot in question. In the event of a dispute after the sale, ScreenUsed’s record of final sale shall be conclusive.
- Internet Bids: ScreenUsed is not and cannot be responsible or liable for any problems, delays, or any other issues or problems resulting out of use of the Internet generally or specifically, including but not limited to transmission, execution or processing of bids. On some occasions beyond the control of ScreenUsed, bid software or the Internet itself may not physically keep up with the pace of the auction. In order to help avoid disappointment, ScreenUsed recommends placing a realistic absentee bid early.
- Successful Bids: The proverbial fall of the auctioneer’s hammer indicates the final bid. ScreenUsed will record the paddle number of the buyer. Winning bidders shall be notified with an invoice within 24 hours after the conclusion of the auction.
- Certificate of Authenticity: For each lot, ScreenUsed will supply a documented certificate with the official ScreenUsed stamp and logo. This certificate has an original signature from one of the ScreenUsed owners. COAs are not supplied with promotional items such as crew shirts, crew hats, crew gifts, or other items not used in the production itself.
- Payment: Payment is expected in full within 7 calendar days of the sale. All payments will be handled online through the ScreenUsed secure website via credit card, PayPal, or wire transfer. Payment plans are available, please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the website. You are responsible for any expenses that ScreenUsed may incur in enforcing our payment terms, including reasonable attorney’s fees if we prevail in a court action, or collection costs if we use the services of a collection agency.
- Shipping: After payment has been made in full, ScreenUsed will personally pack your items and will insure and ship at your expense. Buyers will only be charged exact shipping costs - no additional packing or handling fees. Any customs fees, duties or taxes outside of the United States will be the sole responsibility of the buyer and will not be included in the invoice.
- Buyer’s Remedies: As these are rare collector pieces, all sales are final. In the unfortunate event that there is a problem with the condition of a piece when it is delivered, we will work with you to make sure you are happy.