The discovery of a top-secret jetpack hurls test pilot Cliff Secord into a daring adventure of mystery, suspense, and intrigue! Cliff encounters an assortment of ruthless villains, led by a Hollywood screen star who's a secret Nazi spy (Timothy Dalton). With the help of his actress girlfriend, the young pilot battles enormous odds to defeat his foes who are anxious to use the device in an evil plan to rule the world! The dangerous mission transforms the ordinary young man into an extraordinary hero!
This is a Rocketeer costume screen used during filming, and consists of the following pieces:
- Helmet - This helmet was one of seven that were made by the crew during the production but eventually not used on screen. The foam padding has areas that are carved out where the ears would go. The leather chin straps are attached inside and are not removable.
- Jetpack - This is a screen used jetpack made of fiberglass. It is lightweight and made for various distance or stunt shots. It has an eye-hole screw at the top used during filming. There are areas where some of the silver paint has chipped off and areas where there is some cracking along the exterior of the jetpack. For our photos of the costume we held the jet pack in place with a wire from the eye-hole as the harness that holds the jet pack in place is missing.
- Jacket - This is a screen used jacket and is distressed with a tear in the back on the collar - potentially for stunt work. The jacket is marked "Deluna Fiberglass" inside the collar and has a couple of buttons missing. There is an area of discoloration on the left shoulder.
- Trigger Gloves - This is a pair of screen used trigger gloves. The left and right trigger buttons are in working condition, however the right trigger button is missing the silver cover cap.
- Pants - This pair of screen used overalls are beige. The bib is attached with buttons on the front. There is a tear in the crotch area and there is a black mark on the back of the right pant leg. Handwritten on the inside waist is "Deluna Fiberglass".
- Boots - This pair of screen used boots are brown with some distressing done for the production or during filming. The back has been cut down the center and Velcro has been applied for easy application over the pants. There is a slit in the top and the sole of the both boots along the toe area. Handwritten on the inside of the left boot is the number "24970 10D" and in the right boot is the number "24971 10D".